Skiers (and Snowboarder's) Responsibility Code:
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
For more on this code, please go to:
Vehicle Safety Kit List
A comprehensive list of safety items to carry with you in your vehicle while traveling to Lake Tahoe
More Information on Skier and Snowboarder Safety:
The following article was contributed to Bay Areas Snow Sports Council member clubs by CVSC Safety Chairman, SandyBeecher. It contains a plethora of valuable information on winter safety. Please click on the link below to access the report.
For more on skier safety please click on the following web-site links:
About.com's comprehensive information on safety, equipment and more:
Skiing Safety Tips
Colorado's Skier Safety Act:
Ski Safety Act
© Inskiers Ski & Snowboard Club 2018